With it being October and all, I figured I’d dive right into the fall spirit than with some pretty painted pumpkins. After seeing fashionable pumpkins on Refinery29 , I definitely wanted to get in on this fun DIY action. I’m not too handy with sharp objects so I opted out of carving and stuck to paint brushes. I grabbed all of my supplies at Michael’s for around $30 (shopping list is at the bottom of this post). I must admit this became a bigger project than I expected it to, but I’m really happy how these little guys (and one big guy) turned out! A few tips pumpkin painting newbie tips:
- For the chevron and argyle designs, I found that drawing out the designs first made it way easier to paint and with minimal mistakes.
- For the glitter designs, I sprinkled the glitter on to each one while the paint was still wet so I didn’t have to use glue.
- I spray painted the blue and green pumpkins in white first so that the paint color would be more vibrant.
- If I had to do it all over again, I would invest in more spray paint and in different colors. It makes the overall painting process a bit simpler and faster.
Michael’s Product list:
- Craft Smart Acrylic Paint in Lime Green, Bright Magenta, Violet & Peacock Blue
- Dazzling Metallics Paint in Splendid Gold
- Americana Gloss Enamels Acrylic Paint in Razzle Berry
- Krylon spray paint in Metallic Silver & Satin White
- Multicolor glitter pack
- Kid’s brush set
- Pen & pencil
What do you think of this DIY? If you paint your own pumpkins be sure to tweet me a photo @styletab so I can see!