Runway onlookers at the ready-to-wear shows were definitely seeing spots this season…and it’s not because they skipped breakfast to fit in with the models. Polka dots have made their comeback. These little (and big) spots have had a very chic makeover thanks to designers such as Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney and Diane Von Furstenberg.
I must say I wasn’t a very big fan of polka dots before chicer versions of them started appearing on the racks, but now I can’t get enough of them! Whether you wear them in your hair or in the form of a pencil skirt, polka dots are a stylish and girly option for any occasion. Of course the “less is more” rule definitely applies for this trend. Just because Marc Jacobs sent models down the runway in head-to-toe polka, doesn’t mean you should. My favorite way to wear the little spots is keeping one item dotty and pairing it solid pieces. If you do opt for the all over dot look, the most flattering polka dots are the smaller ones. Enjoy the polka party!
1. Polka Dot Dress with Belt $22.80 via Forever 21
2. Spot Me Some Change Purse–$14.99 via Modcloth
3. Polka Dot Wire Wrap Bracelet–$12 via Top Shop
4.Bow Bop Crop Top–$33 via Lulus.com
5. Hybrid Theory Lace and Polka Dot Romper–$39 via Lulus.com
6. Polka Dot Skirt– $17.80 via Forever 21
7. Cooperative Polka Dot Cross Body–$29 via Urban Outfitters